CIBER is a Spanish public consortium, whose main purpose is the promotion and protection of health through the development of research, within the following areas of research: Bioengineering, Biomaterials and Nanomedicine (CIBERBBN); Rare Diseases (CIBERER); Respiratory Diseases (CIBERES); Hepatic and Digestive Diseases (CIBEREHD); Epidemiology and Public Health (CIBERESP); Mental Health (CIBERSAM); Diabetes and Associated Metabolic Disorders (CIBERDEM); Physiopathology of Obesity and Nutrition (CIBEROBN). Consortium created and funded by the Instituto de Salud Carlos III in order to promote and cooperate in scientific research, development of knowledge and transfer of it to the society.
The CIBERobn is a cooperative network formed by 35 groups located in some of the leading research centers in Spain. These groups are structured in eight Research Programs where they develop projects that allow us, through a multidisciplinary work, combine efforts, optimize resources and maximize the knowledge generated to transfer it to clinical practice and ultimately, offer it to the patient and society as a whole.
CIBERobn specific purposes are:
· Carry out joint research, development and innovation in the field of obesity and nutrition
· Contribute to the resolution of health care problems related to this area
· Promote the participation on national research activities and especially those included in the European Framework Programs for R+D+i
· Facilitate the transfer of results of research processes to society and especially to the productive sector
· Promote the dissemination of its activities and the training of researchers in the field of Physiopathology of Obesity and Nutrition
Manuel Sánchez: firstname.lastname@example.org